View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3786014)   #186
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh not that old chestnut, it will never happen. Palmer doesnt want it, and it wouldn't make him any money, he hates paying for hosting rights and rarely holds any event where he has to. Will never happen, and the track is long gone.

This is being done by Silverstone, not IMG, Brands would probably do the same as they would know that WRX does not get a huge crowd, Lydden used to say they did but perhaps 10 thousand at most, it can just about hold that.

Craig is right, it will be a success, it will appeal to the cretinous masses, you only have to look at the average F1 racegoer to see that. 200 quid a pop to watch that rot

You only have to look how the Classic works, the vast majority of people who go to that are not even slightly interested in the racing, the old cars yes, but mainly music and stalls etc. And they pay a premium, a sort of council house Goodwood.

The British public are easily pleased, sadly rallycross has been drawn in

Well I say rallycross, WRX is about as far away from what rallycross should be, so from my point of view i couldn't care less, I haven't been to Lydden WRX for a year so and not to finals day for 10 years due to to crap supports and would never dream of going here.

They don't want us there, that is clear. But sadly if it works, Lydden will never be back, nor will anywhere else. IMG have no sense of history and would rather go to who pays the most