Thread: Race Goodbye Malaysia.
View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3772135)   #42
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Chunterer, your suggestion just highlights another issue many have with the newer tracks in F1, that they're all just too samey. Going from Austin to the Croatia proposal just doesn't seem like a positive step.

The thing you can do is try to incorporate similar kinds of elements in multiple designs, but you've still got to build in a good amount of individuality. About the best comparison I can think of for this would be looking at VIR and Road Atlanta.

Griffin, no I really can't say that I find Austin to be that great. It has some interesting elements, but the way it went together, it just doesn't seem to all fit quite right. And some pieces just seem unnecessary. And you have that one, outlandishly big hill at Turn 1, while signature sections like the Esses and that long right-hander just look so flat and rather featureless, in no small part because of the oceans of paved run-off that take away frames of reference.