View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2017, 02:35 (Ref:3781590)   #1508
StueyB83
Rookie

StueyB83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
New Nissan has already raced in VLN - very much another 'Evo' of the current car
Hey GG.

The 2018 GT-R GT3 is a bit of half and half. Definitely comprehensive reset from the 2012 derived car to meet the FIA's 2016 GT3 spec.

Based on appearances, while the chassis remains much the same - so much appears to be done to the internals.

The Radiator configuration for instance, points to a radical redesign of the engine bay layout and I would say that has allowed the engine to be lowered and shifted in the engine bay to improve weight distribution - which was hurting the original cars performance relative to the existing 2016 spec builds. The old cars motor was perched up high and it had vertical radiators.

Also of interest is the mandatory safety items, and tweaks to the aero - fewer dive planes, new bonnet to suit the new cooling configuration, revised wheel arch vents, the extended skirts of course.

As the car has already had several EVO packages, it's had to pretty much be a "new" car for homologation. I doubt that existing teams would be able to convert their existing chassis to the latest spec given the amount of re-work done that cant be seen under the skin.

I am looking forward to the new season as many of the old-build legacy cars will be phased out and we will almost have a universal tech specification equivalency.

It was surprising that McLaren has not come to the party with a 720S... But given the upheavals going on in the supply chain...