View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3334116)   #35
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JT seems to think this is a joke thread, but far from it. I think it's a right royal farce that a company sets itself up as the "International" whatever awards, stings you for 150 smackers PLUS Chancellor's Premium, dishes gongs out then neglects to make a song and dance about it either before or afterwards.

This degrades Historic motor racing, reduces our (your) efforts to the level of a company in-house bash hosted by Alan Partridge..."And the customer service award, south east region, Kent sub-division, for part-time staff, goes to Jean from Tunbridge Wells!" Quick photo of Jean looking embarrassed, then on to Surrey sub-division.

If it were really a special ceremony it would be broadcast high wide and handsome, soliciting entries from across the spectrum of historic motor sport. Say what you like about "Autosport", their annual awards have set the standard for motor racing awards. Full engagement with their readership and beyond.

I'll say no more in case I get libellous!

Last edited by midgetman; 20 Nov 2013 at 08:33.