View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2020, 10:06 (Ref:4023581)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Ive had a go at Yas Marina. Basically in my estimation this is one of the worst circuits in the world layout wise.

The changes ive made I think are realistic and wouldnt present too many issues in terms of safety. I think enough run off is present at each modification.

I dont think there is much wrong with the first couple of corners so ive left those alone. The first change is to the braking zone and complex for the chicane and hairpin. Gone are those two and instead a heavy braking zone into a slightly banked open hairpin which then opens up into a curved traction zone for the run down the second straight.

The next modification is to that horrible chicane. I have just completely bypassed it with a straight section. Lined with barriers this shoudlnt present too much of an issue if other tracks can have close wall lined flat out straights like Russia / Baku.

The final modification is to that again horrible low speed off-camber section. A more traditional open hairpin with curved exit zone and small changes of direction on the exit rejoining the main section.
Attached Thumbnails
my-Yas_Marina_Circuit,_October_12,_2018_SkySat_(cropped).jpg