View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1772032)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Diz,

This is a similar principle to a number of established championships/series. DTRC, Top Hat, Top Hat Cloth Cap, Top Hat 70's Saloons, CTCRC etc. Of those the DTRC and the CTCRC are Championships, but all have basic regulations, some more stringent than others.

Personally a non championship event is more convenient because I don't need to concentrate on a points chase so the basic premise is good for me. However I think you would run into a lack of enthusiasm if you allowed fully lightened and modified machinery (akin to Super/special Saloons) on slicks to run with steel bodied cars on treaded tyres. Unless you suggest everyone runs on slicks then you'll get complaints because of the time and cost of setting the (normally treaded) cars up. It could be a nightmare so a little more thought and you might have something.

I've not been to Anglesea but I do like Oulton Park.

However if you are keen on attracting races to Oulton and Anglesea why not contact Top Hat and the CTCRC? Both run excellent packages for diverse cars. BTW, I'm not excluding the DTRC here Rod, its a just geography thing.