View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3885105)   #32
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Went to Vargåsen today. The WRC cars are so fast!

Been some good action overall during the day and the roads held up better than yesterday, besides from Hagfors. Tänak will probably run off with the win but the battle right behind for the podium is quite thrilling.

But my god, the amount of drunken and partying people is tragic for the rest. On one stage some drunk 18-year olds cut down a tree that fell on to the stage and almost hit a competitor. And at Vargåsen some people could barely stand on their legs, with a few very close to getting on to the stage in the middle of running.
Yikes! Sweden is on my list of rallies but that kind of excessive consumption puts me off. I suppose people in that kinda state are mostly harmless..mostly. Kinda reminds me of when I went to Finland all those years. Lots of folks in the forest in a daze very early in the morning but they mostly kept themselves to themselves.

Anyway, Tanak had speed to throw away last weekend. He and Toyota are going to clean up this year if Ott keeps it on the road while setting alien stage times - and the car holds together. It seemed a little fragile last year. Impressive pace from Teemu on day 1 too. The Ford still has some pace in it even if it's early in the season.