Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:01 (Ref:3989935)   #457
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Perhaps Merc are just more careful that what they do can't be determined to be illegal......
I think this ^^^

It's just a guess from observed situations, but it seems that Merc are open with the FIA about any proposed 'exploitation', and work with the authorities to reach an acceptable solution.

Other teams (such as Ferrari) seem to develop their 'exploits' in isolation, and attempt to use them without the knowledge of the authorities. When they are discovered, then they have to undo their work. If they had been open from the outset, maybe a 75-80% solution might be agreed upon, and they would be able to implement the change.

Some of this - I think - may be entrenched in the Italian mindset, where there is a natural distrust of authority?