View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3927168)   #48
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Are there any "must see" things off track? (Other than the race paddocks) I'm trying to make a rough plan of what to see as there's so much going on (always a problem at Goodwood!)
Bert, ignore all the razzamatazz stuff, you can get easily waylaid on your way round. There are restrictions on close up viewing in the main paddock unless you have a separate (and expensive) paddock pass which incidentally is the same at the Le Mans classic.
The massive attendance means a long hike from the car parking areas which are all clearly defined outside the circuit in adjoining fields and although there are tractor trailers running all day, it's very difficult to clamber aboard one particularly with a haversack and a seat as they always seemed to be full! In fact the car parks alone are astonishing with the wealth of machinery driven to the circuit, you could wander around all day just drooling at some of the road cars. There are big gaps between races which can give the opportunity for other activities but as with other big events the bulk of the crowd gather around the start/finish and along from Woodcote through to Madgwick so if you try to move around it's quite difficult. If you want to see the racing try anywhere from the exit of Madgwick through to St Marys, my favourite spectating point is at No Name, the kink before St Marys where the brave and talented can be seen at their best on track. I've been every year except one when I was laid up but then I'm biaised since it's only 15 minutes away! Oh and take all you want to eat and drink unless you're feeling flush!