View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2000, 13:58 (Ref:17441)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After throwing his helmet to the crowd at Monaco Jean ALesi commented, "Sometimes it's nice to do this sort of thing. The public here is fantastic. They all support Schumacher, but I am sure Michael would never give away his helmet, which is why I am doing it instead."

BMW race boss Gerhard Berger, veteran of 210 GP starts, commenting on his first Monaco start, "I can remember exactly what happened all the way to the first corner. Then I didn't have good feelings anymore because everything had been destroyed. Monaco is not an easy race to be doing the first time. You need to know a few things. On the other hand, it is entirely possible for a talented new driver to come here and do good lap times. It is certainly possible to show your potential here." When asked if he had any advice for Button he replied, "Oh yes. Especially about the first corner!"

Michael Schumacher has changed the paint scheme on his helmet after fearing that other drivers might mistake him for Barrichello and not give way. Barrichello adopted a new paint scheme very similar to Schumacher's after moving to Ferrari.