View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2007, 01:32 (Ref:1814627)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Audi R9 questions.

As the title implies, I have a few questions about the still born Audi R9 project from 2003-04. First of all, what was it? There probably is no clear cut answer, but what was it more likely to be: A new build, LMP1 hybrid version of the R8, or a variant of the R10 that used the R8's powertrain(the true answer may never be known)?

I feel that it may've been a LMP1 hybrid version of the R8, as the R10 started to show design promise by the time that Audi would've had the R9 ready(late '04). It also may've been a car that used some of the R10's parts(mainly tub), as Audi would've made many modifcations to the R8 to make it a LMP1 hybrid. Mulsanne Mike's site makes refernce to it(News section, Sept. '03), but no details were ever released. And did anyone hear of it? All that I've heard other than that is that one was built, and then scrapped(which may give some cedance to it being an LMP1 Hybrid, or possibly used what would become the R10's tub). And that's all I know about it. Hope that I don't waste anyone's time.

Last edited by chernaudi; 14 Jan 2007 at 01:35.