View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2007, 06:26 (Ref:1815484)   #16
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
What I'm trying to say it that Wolfgang Ullrich threw fat in to a fire when he stated that there may be a car between the R8 and R10, an that Audi Sport was considering such a proposition. The fact that there's not really much more evidence than that(and Dr. Ullrich said that such a car had been built nearly to completion) doesn't help. I can maybe come up with some concepts of what the car may've looked like, but your guess is a good as mine.

And as for the car itself, its fate has never been satisfactorily determined. It may've been scrapped, or(just like what has been said of the Porsche LMP from '99-'00), been placed under highly secretive lock and key in the head Audi Sport facility. Remember the TOM's Toyota LMP. At RTN(Racing Technology Norfolk-formerly TOM's), the car's body work is still hung up on a wall. So Audi/VAG and Porsche my have a thing for hiding their never completed or never raced cars.