View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1815964)   #18
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder hwat happens to prototype sportscar testbeds anyways. Audi built at least 1 R10 to be used mostly as a testbed(I guess that that proposition said bye-bye back in June, as it won Le Mans). And they're supposidly building 3 more cars for this ALMS season(one probably a tester/LM car). Maybe history repeats itself.

Audi also did the same thing with the R8-build about 3 of them, race 2 full time, and use one mainly as a tester/3rd car for LM. I think that they're either scrapped(those that never race), sold off to private teams(used car with some race laps), or safely tucked away(cars that never see the light of day, but might be useful at a later date, for those conspiracy theorist out there,LOL!).

Well probably never know all there is to be know about any LM type sportscar, let alone Audi's actual race cars(R8 and R10), so do you think that Audi would be willing to give detailed info on a test/concept car that's never been showed to the public?