View Single Post
Old 26 May 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2469321)   #13
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to thank all the marshals and officials, both personally and on behalf of the Masters organisation, for three great days. Everything ran like clockwork and everybody entered into the spirit of what Masters racing is all about - happy competitors, great cars, good, clean and fair racing and, hopefully a good 'show' for both the public and all of us lucky enough to be part of the meeting. I had very many compliments and messages of thanks, from competitors who went out of their way to speak to me, about the standard of marshalling and the friendly and efficient way everybody went about their various jobs and I'm happy to be able to pass those on.
A special thanks for everybody involved in the incident at Paddock bend during the last race yesterday, which looked very dramatic. Fortunately, the injuries to the driver are not thought to be serious - the same cannot be said for the car, which I think comes in the category of 'comprehensively destroyed' and the team asked me to pass on their thanks for the speedy and efficient way that everything was dealt with. Also thanks to a number of posts around the circuit where stranded cars were magically spirited away to places of safety without the need for safety cars or red flags.
Just an additional personal thanks to all those who went out of their way to come and say hello. I spent so many happy years as a Brands Hatch 'regular' and I had lots of "do you remember when" conversations which reminded me of why we all do this!
Hope to see you all again soon