View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3756457)   #233
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting reflections of Jens Marquardt:
GTE-Pro to Be “More into the Focus” Amid LMP1 Fallout
“I think, within the WEC championship, this strengthens the category and hopefully shows how attractive everything is.
“There are many manufacturers that have GT cars that are not yet GTE cars, and maybe that’s creating a bit of a pull in that respect.
“I think there is definitely a good chance of a GTE to, for sure, become more visible and more into the focus.”
“If you watch Le Mans this year, the main race, honestly speaking, was the GT race,”
“LMP2 was good as well, but from a manufacturer point of view, the GT race was one of the best that I’ve seen in many years.”
There still needs to be prototypes at the sharp end of the grid, suggesting a potential for a DPi-like platform could be the best solution.
“Seeing the two concepts, the DPi concept in the U.S. and the LMP2 concept, it’s maybe something between the two of them to discuss.

Lamborghini’s Head of Motorsport, Giorgio Sanna, agrees that the developing situation in LMP1 could be a boost to GT racing on a global scale.
While currently evaluating a future GTE program, Sanna admitted the Italian manufacturer would “of course” be more interested in committing to the category should it become the top class in the WEC and at Le Mans.
“It could be that GT will become the protagonist in Le Mans or in the WEC,” Sanna told Sportscar365. “It would also be a good momentum for all the manufacturers involved in GT racing.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/m...ertain-future/