View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3837131)   #25
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
The name I meant.
I guess some of that may come from when an interest was first shown in this form of racing.

When the BRSCC 'announced plans for a new championship to cater for “the competitor who wants to race the ordinary family car, to do so throughout an entire season against evenly matched opposition.”' I would imagine that most people thought Saloon Cars, and British Saloon Car Championship sounded perfectly fine.

Did the change to BTCC in 1987 come with any objection from enthusiasts I wonder?
And were they objecting to the name change, or the types of vehicle used?

Although if this thread is specifically for Touring Car Drivers - does that mean it is a 1987-onwards focus?