View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3934064)   #50
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Leclerc really blotted his copybook this time around. Or maybe it was the team. I'm less bothered by the first lap incident as I feel drivers need to be cut a bit of extra slack in the first few corners. However not pitting immediately for a front wing change was irresponsible. It caused damage to two cars, ruined the race for one of them, and could have been a whole lot worse.

I may be overdoing the conspiracy theory, but did Mercedes deliberately hobble Hamilton's strategy in order to keep him behind Bottas? Bottas is in greater need of every possible point to keep him ahead of Leclerc in the championship, whereas nothing short of catastrophe can stop Lewis winning another WDC. Realistically it shouldn't have been necessary because Lewis has a decent track record in giving up places when he can see the bigger picture. Perhaps I'm just being unduly influenced by Ferrari in Russia.