Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3880235)   #1018
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
This appears to be an interesting article.

That would just be So Bernie, wouldn't it?
If he was smart (and he is) he would keep his wallet closed and continue as a critic of whoever sits in the driving seat. Basically quit while he is ahead and enjoy the spoils. Question is... will his personal vanity rule the day? I suspect that even BE understands his age (88) and that to take back control would be require a staggering level of work and energy for anyone let alone an octogenarian.

While the report is brief (one paragraph long) it puts forth it's conclusion as to what is wrong...

Quote:
collectively indicate the C-suite is in over their heads and taking direction from the wrong places
Not saying those are not real possibilities, but could it also be that Liberty is realizing that F1 may not have much growth potential regardless of who runs it? Or that fixing it is not worth the investment due to the difficulty (herding powerful cats)? If so, then sell now before the value continues to dwindle. Note.. I comment on F1 as a business vs. a sport.

I think many of the problems with F1 is that the sport has suffered as they have tried to grow the business side beyond it's likely natural peak. Other factors that are out of their control is the decline of "car culture" as well as the upswing (unlikely to stop) of alternative and non-carbon based energy sources.

A healthy and profitable F1 likely needs to be "smaller" rather than larger. Sell that idea to investors!

Richard