Thread: ACO Interest
View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3780994)   #12
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
FIA World Endurance Championship 6
European Le Mans Series 4
Michelin Le Mans Cup 1
Asian Le Mans Series 2
Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup 0

Spa 6 Hours (2018-19) 8
Le Mans 24 Hours (2018-19) 8
Silverstone 6 Hours (2018) 2
Fuji 6 Hours (2018) 2
Shanghai 6 Hours (2018) 1
Sebring 1500 Miles (2019) 9

LM P1 - 7
LM P2 - 7
LM P3 - 2
LM GTE-PRO - 5
LM GTE-AM - 2

For me the best part of the WEC was gone before it even started: the ILMC. Never been a fan of WEC's desire to be a F1 clone by going to sterile, low atmosphere tracks, setting low entry caps and standardizing many aspects of the series. So I guess I'm very much in the same boat as Chiana here but probably not as enthusiastic as him as the ACO more or less continues on its chosen path.

Anyways, I'm more of an IMSA focused person these days, the presence of many old school tracks is a major attraction over WEC's parking lot fetish so the return to Sebring is huge!

Here's hoping the new 2020 (or whenever) P1 rules will benefit both sanctioning bodies and provide more harmony than conflict - the sport would certainly prosper as a result.