Thread: 2018 TCR UK
View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2018, 12:16 (Ref:3792866)   #311
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the actual costs pitched to drivers are quite different to originally estimated.

Is TCR UK aimed at the weathy amateur or karting younggun with a career plan? if its the former then it if you were spending your money on this or a GT4 car, telling your family and friends you race a Ferrari or Aston on weekends is a bit more exclusive than saying a Civic or Golf. Dave Bartrum said as much himself when announcing their British GT plans a few years ago.

The career kid gets a nice car but less exposure for backers than an F4/3 or Clio Cup run would do. Its worked well for Josh Files though.

Also is it aimed at teams running fleets, like Century/PYRO/Stancombe of old? or single cars towed behind a van etc?

I fear the UK racing landscape has changed so much in 12 months thats its potential place in the ladder has already disappeared. It'll run this year but for a long term? I'm not so sure.The concept works well abroad because of a lack of quality alternatives in national racing ladders.