Thread: Re-make
View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3871678)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It wasn't a slip of the tongue - he just doesn't have the capacity to appreciate what he is saying. And it's not the first time that he has used the same type of thought, either. Have you forgotten about his "attack" on Nico Rosberg a couple of years ago, trying to claim some sort of moral high ground because Nico had been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, whilst he, Hamilton, had come from a deprived background.
i’ll bite.

your use of “not having the capacity” is a tiny smidge off the mark. what he lacks is context and perspective. he hasn’t always lacked that - he’s clearly lived in a bubble, in a very small world that is an echo chamber of his choosing. we’re all guilty of that - we pick and choose friends, people to follow on social media, news sources...

the rosberg thing had a point, but he articulated it badly. he clearly understood the relative context of what he was saying. i think that’s his mistake - he speaks to journalists who will use his words how they want to, or speaks directly to people through social media or tv and can’t articulate concepts without offending someone.

that’s an education thing, i think. a good education teaches you critical thinking, context, and not just vocabulary but the ability to describe and apply language in a complicated way. that’s something you see with people who fall through the gaps in the education system - very smart people who can understand complicated concepts but who struggle to use language to describe or explain themselves. i’m not saying he’s a highly intelligent person or whatever, i’m just explaining how disconnects come about.

where nico was incredibly fortunate was that his education was different - he’s clearly a smart guy, but his background and education allowed him to develop his intelligence and learn to use it. for whatever reason, lewis only ended up getting a decent education for a single year to pass a few gcses.