Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2019, 01:03 (Ref:3875396)   #316
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
Vettel maybe wasn't the choice of Arrivabene but surely they have some business together in all this years

What I criticize of Arrivabene was the over protection of the kid (he needs attention) but in doing this, in my opinion, he doesn't do the job for Ferrari. I have a lot of respect for Kimi and I think that he is still a great driver (if not penalized in strategy) but Ferrari needed someone potentially more capable of both driver. Kimi without restriction was much better that Vettel in the middle end part of 2018 championship. That add me more doubts over the talent of the german.

The impression is that the Ferrari could take Ricciardo but all was blocked by someone. Also the impression was that Marchionne didn't see anymore Vettel as a potential champion for Ferrari. The only one who was protecting him and his business in the Scuderia, for me was Arrivabene without any doubt. And Leclerc wasn't a choice of Arri because he wanted Kimi onboard again in Ferrari...
I was always left with the impression that Vettel and Arrivabene did not get on at all, and Marchionne kept the peace.
Leclerc seemed to have a lot of backing in Ferrari, I have heard him described as Marchionne's protégé, so I think the reason Ricciardo was not chosen was because Leclerc was already the chosen candidate, and I think that Kimi was let go early so that Arrivabene could prove a point to Vettel.
It will be interesting to see how Binotto and Vettel get on, and how Ferrari does with the new regime and a new driver in the mix.