View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2019, 23:07 (Ref:3875615)   #1386
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think you're missing the (subtle) point - someone who's say between 11 to 15, finding F1 for the first time, will have no previous reference points with which to compare. In today's world, where IMMEDIATE SATISFACTION is GUARANTEED all over the Internet, Crofty's style is pretty relaxed. Who knows, the hypothetical young person might think his style is BLOODY AWESOME.

When they're approaching 50, they'll look back all misty eyed and compare that era's commentators to Crofty, and find them all wanting - because *that's what people do*.

I miss Murray, but I quite like Crofty actually. I shall refrain from comment on others as I have opinions which have largely been described more eloquently by other people.
I'm 16 and I do .Love historics.I find modern F1 to put it blunt,AWFUL compared to even 15 20 years ago.I could go on but I'll leave that for another day.I find the commentary way to loud and brash.Its like they are trying to hype it up by shouting or raising there voice when its shouldnt be needed.

Will