View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3863448)   #232
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
......What we really need is a reliable measurement from the roof to the bottom of the bodywork.
By eye the distance from the bottom of the sill panel and the highest part of the roof (in the centre line) is about 1220 at the highest point towards the front screen, 1150 where the back window starts, which is where the main problem in fitting the cage is. The roof curves to the outer edges there a bit too (1100).

Keep in mind that the Supercar is based on the 2018 Mustang, which has a lower nose than the more familiar 2015-2017 model that people may be comparing it to. See here: https://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/20...ng-poll-photo/

Having seen the car at the Phillip Island test (albeit from a distance), I think most will think the car looks better in the flesh and will not notice the differences that much.

The camouflage livery hiding the body lines does not help. I remember the outcry when the first leaked photos of the production 2018 Mustang surfaced. The car looked pretty plain and very ordinary, but it turned out to be just an unfortunate capture from a poor quality video.

I think in a few months time most of this fuss will similarly die down.