View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2017, 02:42 (Ref:3726027)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Indeed it is good for us "motorsports fans" like you and I but altering your product for the sake of another isn't anyone's MO ATM, nor should it be. Alonso to Indy for one race is a shot in the arm to Indy but could be the opposite for F1.

Changing traditions for the mere possibility of 1 or 2 drivers seems a bit far fetched right now imho, but if it can be used to the advantage of the series making the alterations, then they'll do it, but only then.

I'd like to see more crossovers and cooperations. Imagine all F1 teams heading to Indy for the month of May to compete in the world's most daunting speedway race. It would be epic. Crossover opportunities are very rare and I fear days of many are long gone, with very slim hopes of a return.
Does one product have to be altered for another? It's not as if a bunch of F1 drivers have decided they are all going together to race at Indy or Le Mans. It's more likely that, one or two drivers would like to be able to race at one of these other iconic races and the same for teams.