View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3023990)   #44
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Ok. Wow. Ok, really? WOW! But....was nobody else allowed to consider a grandfathered car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I doubt any other WEC teams will be allowed to run a grandfathered car. In fact, I'm not sure of any other possibilities where this might happen. I guess an exception might be if a team (probably a P2 team) can't get bodywork with BHH and BHFs in time. I don't know about that though. That might also require permission from the other WEC teams.

An ALMS team can obviously run a grandfathered 2010 car without any problem.
No, I'd suspect there might not be anyone else who'd need to ask the question- unless, as you suggest, there might be an LMP2 team unable to get 2012-regs bodywork in time for Sebring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Is Grand-Am going by the name "North American Endurance Championship" now? If so, is that new?
Seems to be a 'series within a series'- a prize being offered for three specific races- Daytona, then Watkins Glen and Indianapolis in July, so it doesn't seem to be a full-time defection to GA by Risi

http://www.grand-am.com/naec/

Last edited by KA; 10 Feb 2012 at 09:08.