View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3095330)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i agree with you, completely. particularly since tv coverage outside of f1 with the exception of the wsr espn non-live shows consists of absolutely no features whatsoever. so there's no scope to see your logo or see your driver promoted aside from watching it go around the circuit. personally i think there's far more to be gained from a sense of involvement and belonging which you can do at the track by inviting guests in - for whatever refreshments that may be - to meet the car, ask questions, speak to them before and after the race.

human benefits like that are far greater than the brand recognition ones, i think. for that you have to buy the whole car space, and create a strong brand presence at the track which frankly is wasted on the crowds in the uk at anything but the toca meetings.

there's no point in trying to imitate what the bigger series have. instead you have to take the benefits of a smaller series - cheaper tickets, use of hospitality suites etc - and run with those instead.