View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3833218)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post

Question for any T34 veterans – is there a bar there or any toilet facilities? I didn't need to use them really, but I did wonder...
There are toilets - if you go out at the top and then go down one floor straight away (i.e. you don't walk out across the walkway), you'll find the toilets. As to a bar - not that I'm aware of, as everything below is ACO or media dominated with no access to the great unwashed. Bernard and Dominique will know more, they're T34 regulars.

I sat in T34 every year between about 2004 or 2005 and 2010. But James is right, it's a stand for the photographers as it is one of the few remaining places around the circuit where you can photograph the cars without debris fencing in the way. It can get very hot - I've had a front row seat before now and have stuck it out in it for several hours in baking sun. You can't see directly into the pits, however with the advent of GoPros, selfie sticks and the like, it's much easier to get shots of the cars in the pits than it used to be. Now that I'm not quite as fanatical about photographing the cars (badly) as I used to be, I probably wouldn't choose T34, but I did enjoy watching Q2 from there this year.

Am I right though in recalling that T34 is going to be changed/bulldozed - or something over the next couple of years?

Raccordement is definitely an interesting alternative, but it does have the drawback of limited space per occupant and uncomfortable seats. Again, if you're a photographer, you need to get a seat nearer the top of the stand as the lower 2/3rds of the seats won't enable you to get above the fencing. But it does afford great views, particularly up the straight. It is good to spend an hour or two in there in the wee small hours - as I did way back in 1992 when it will be half or more empty. (T34 has that advantage too - I've been in there at 3 or 4 am in the race with only 2-3 other people for company in the whole stand).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 26 Jun 2018 at 18:03.