View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2015, 17:09 (Ref:3554970)   #21
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm making a post here after some comments on last weeks MWM, which I felt were not only a bit bad taste, but completely wrong.
I might be living under a rock, but I have no clue who or what MWM is so I can't comment on what they are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well, from what I can see, there are 2 teams running Renault engines, and of those 2, Red Bull has over double the points of STR, and between RBR and STR, there is Force India, Lotus and Sauber, who all have significantly better engines. There doesn't seem to be any basis to claim that STR are performing better than RBR and it's actually all RBRs fault.

So are Red Bull doing THAT badly, and how are we measuring this engine given the lack of cars it's in?
So this I do find interesting. I wouldn't claim STR are performing better than RBR in general. The points do show that is not true. What I would say is that given they are using the same engine... STR is performing better in comparison to RBR than they should be given who STR and RBR are in the historic F1 pecking order. We have seen STR dice during qualifying and in the race with RBR in ways that previously was not considered to be fathomable.

Speaking of points... You have RBR at 55 and STR at 19 (spread of 34 which is not that much) with Force India, Lotus and Sauber all sandwiched in between. They are all pretty much grouped together. So it's not out of the question to compare that group together which is a sad commentary on how RBR is doing this year. Also, as you point that group has a mix of engines. So that could be an argument that the Renault engine is not that bad (However I don't believe that argument)

IMHO, it's not ALL about the Renault PU.

Richard