View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3555214)   #24
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They need Newey back 24/7 designing their car - not going off to design a yacht for the American Cup.

I suspect that the aero on the car from last year was pretty decent - this year - not so.

The Renault engine isn't good - although the to other Renault engined teams seem to be making better use of it, at the moment. It's interesting - as Renault are known for making good engines(their old turbos they got right, the team-up with Williams was superb, likewise some of their engines in Schumi's Benetton and their ones for Alonso). It's still taking time for them to develop - but I think we do have to say : "Come on guys - what's going on?"

They do have a strong driver line-up. Danny Boy put in some impressive performances at Monaco and Austria. Kyvat seems pretty feisty too. They both know that the car isn't the best - yet, they do seem to be putting the effort in.

Maybe - now that Horner is married to Geri - he can focus more on the problems at Red Bull?

I don't know if the rumoured change over to Ferrari engines would help - because they probably wouldn't get the latest unit from them. It would be better than they have now - but still probably be second tier.