View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3006667)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Why do people constantly complain about this? If you don't want to enter because of the entry fee requirements then don't. If there are viable alternatives then please table them. IMO and with respect to the OP, all this thread is saying is that life isn't fair and that anyone should be able to race wherever and whenever they like.
I think the reason this is now coming to the fore and being raised repeatedly in discussion is twofold. (a) Recession and (b) cost of petrol. For both these reasons guys want to simply cut down on their travelling or be forced to give up. The argument this is just a small cost in the whole scheme of things doesnt hold water to me either as it could be the straw that broke the camels back and the deciding factor do I race or dont I. The days when a club held 12 rounds all over the country and you signed up for that and committed are gone, also many clubs have condensed the calendar to 6 to 8 rounds freeing up dates for guys that want more racing and would like to do local rounds so this may be a third reason this is now coming about. Maybe its about time clubsa with similar series/championships opened their doors to members of rival clubs as I am sure it would work for both clubs mutual benifits and get those grids filled!!!!!.