View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2617894)   #33
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
bothfeetin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think one has to understand why Australia is not on the time table for the Pacific BMW -
- first - the Organizer has to stay within the budget;
- second the teams really cannot afford any more expenses for traveling;
- third Korea is the first ever F1 event there so FBMW's exposure to that driver market will hopefully bear more interest of Korean drivers and sponsors;
- fourth reason is perhaps that there are already Aussie drivers in the series - so why spend more effort towards this part of Asia?
- Fifth is the calendar itself in conflict with school years ending etc;
- Six'd the relentless lobbying efforts by certain teams not to increase the calendar and therefore the costs a driver eventually has to pay which is at present - not counting all the bs from teams, a minimum of Euro 120,000.- plus traveling, food, hotels per driver.

Re Drivers and where they are for 2010...... sadly as it might be but I know of at least 3 drivers who have not paid their bills yet in full from 2009 - all 3 are being mentioned in this thread by different writers. So, most of that info being read is somewhat speculative.

I know that -
PFX Holzer is still looking to fill in the lost market of that lucrative Petronas deal they had for the past 3 years;
MotaWorld has not signed a driver for Pacific yet;
Atlantic Racing is still looking for second driver for their sponsorship program - seems that they are too selective in finding the one paired then with Jesse Dixon, one they had signed before Christmas;
Eurasia is full and all drivers are signed;
E-Rain has only one seat left;
Meritus one seat left - or if they get their 6 cars running - 5 seats left; and they should have no problem filling them as they seem to have the ladder to F1 system installed now;
AOS - I don't know - possibly their 2009 driver?
Eurointernational - have not heard anything - think they might only be with Pacific as last year;
Drivers
- Kent Cross/being linked to Atlantic - but not signed;
- Steel Guliana, ran last year for MotaWorld under Atlantic - 2010 in Australian F3?

Fill in the blanks....