View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2002, 05:02 (Ref:453959)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
It's funny, but DC was actually the quicker driver in 1997.

Three race wins to one. 36 points to 27.
Don't just take statistics as argument DNQ.

Mika had at least 2-3 wins robbed from him during the season thanks to predictable McLaren ureliability (and suffered more mechanical gremlins throughout the year.) Britain and the Nurburgring are two examples that are most in my mind where Mika was robbed of a first victory (before he was gifted Jerez, which I've never really felt comfortable with, though I still cheered and cheered for days!! )

This year, if Mika was completely fit and motivated, then I reckon he would have pushed TGF and most likely beaten Rubens, but if he also had the unreliability Kimi had, then no, it wouldn't have made much difference. But a fully fit and committed Mika Hakkinen would wipe the floor with DC.

But this is all 'What if' or 'What could have been' as there was no way that Mika was going to return this year. He proved last year a few times that his heart just wasn't in it anymore.

Last edited by f1manoz; 20 Dec 2002 at 05:02.