View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4086572)   #2580
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you!

I'm bored though.
Still waiting for the pistons and rods, but they might arrive in the UK in 2 weeks time, possibly in the garage for Xmas which would be good.

The gearbox has been modified with a WEVO Gateshift which should help select the right gear in a the odd 9normal) moments of panic....
I've rebushed and sized every link in the gear shidt system to 'zero' play, so it can't get better.

The long awaited main bearings and cam chains are actually here, 5 weeks, so close to putting it all together after piston height and valve to piston clearances are measured using plasticine.

I've saved £150 by making the special cam sprocket tool and rhe struts to hold the one chain and 3 rods vertically when joining the cases, a bit of a heart stopping exercise. The case has to be mated and bolted tight to torque within 40 mins.

Gets tricky when there are around 30 fasteners to do!

Special night tonight, it is the awards bash for the Midland Championship where we won the Class, so getting a bit of stardom for 2 minutes.

Be nice to bring a trophy home covered in some great names in the hillclimb sport.
Sounding cocky, but I think this is the 3rd time I've won it!