View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2022, 12:08 (Ref:4095161)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
That's a sneaky angle because it's the access road off the rally loop! I saw some camera types loitering there and got some similarly rallyish shots as the cars gently meandered up the lane. You could walk down the road to the spectator area - I suspect it was supposed to be off bounds but as the cars were pootling along it wasn't a problem.
The pedestrian access route to the rally stage is via the path near Hailwoods (there were signs on the access road saying "no spectator access" or similar). That shot was taken from the correct side of the sign It's just a slightly different shot to all of the 'on circuit' stuff - I thought I'd give it a go as someone took a great shot of our car there a couple of years ago

As ever photographing an event is a learning process - I spent a bit of time looking for decent angles. I didn't really find anything I was happy with down towards the Clearways end of the circuit, does anyone have any good ideas for down there?