View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2982012)   #59
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think the way the british series is run and the way the euroseries is managed isn't really mutually compatible. a shame really because with the crap attendance for anything but bumper cars and the odd sportscar meeting it'd be the only way the british competitors would get to race in front of decent sized crowds.
Isn't the point here that even though the F3ES races with the DTM and has decent sized crowds, the grid has still shrunk to 12 or 13 cars?The drivers are not so much interested in big crowds as decent circuits and learning how to race properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
At least half of schedule should stay on British soil IMO, rest could be run under DTM banner. The thing is, many obstecles can be seen. Two different promotional companies run DTM and BGT/BF3, I can't see them merged in near future. At least until DTM finds replacement for F3ES or SRO stop promoting its BF3... What you reckon strider?
I wasn't intending to post on this thread again because just lately it has become too personal and puerile, but you've never done me any harm so I'll answer your question.

I agree with what both you and bella are saying. The F3ES and BF3 are run in entirely different styles and there's no way in practical terms that they could merge. It's a shame, because the F3ES was formed from the German and French championships, but the difference was that both the DMSB and the FFSA agreed and even contributed in cash and in kind to make it a success. Compare that with the MSA, which does nothing but take money from SRO. As far as I know it has never contributed a penny towards BF3.