View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2983129)   #65
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
motorland gets good reviews, it's a nice long circuit too. there seems to be good overtaking opportunities in at least 2 places. i'm not sure about valencia, it's not really a single seater circuit is it? it looked a bit stop-go in a fbmw let alone anything bigger. barcelona is... barcelona jarama looks like it could be quite good fun, though it looks quite narrow - superleague cars round there were very silly indeed!
Motorland is the only one that appeals from those. I don't know why Portimão was dropped after only one year as it was popular with the teams. Maybe it became to expensive or too popular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
looking at the f3 open calendar on the other thread it appears to be a seriously good proposition for next year.
I agree, it is, but only provided that's all you want to do. I believe I'm right in saying it still uses non-FIA spec engines, which means that all the FIA meetings are ruled out unless you hire another car or, maybe, another engine and fitting kit.

Anyway the die is cast so so far as the BF3 calendar is concerned - see above. I MUST make it to Monza next year.