View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3373317)   #124
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Now there's a thought. Bit like transponders, just have one and move from car to car! Although have shown papers on many occasions can't remember the hologram & barcode ever being scrutinised......

My usual tounge in cheek response Mike, to some of the money making schemes dreamed up over the years and not only in motor sport, car parking being a real gem of an idea, one car I was involved with for some time never had the I D sticker fitted and never once was it questioned, from Silverstone through the rest of Europe. Of course cars are developed during their life, usually a couple of years at most, then the 'barn' historic racing has given an immense number a new lease of life, the so called 'Martini' cars two bites of the cherry, the 70's the 80's thundersports etc, now revived again by the HSCC series, cars as back in the 70's most with the updates that took place in the 80's still fitted, in particular reference to brakes, engines and suspension, but HTP's were issued with these mods in place, now it would appear, the 80's mods removed, new papers issued, with the resulting expense at a time when the folding is still a little scarce. Race series organisers should lay down the rules, as most do already, and most race on mainland Europe and organise the events, the scrutes check for infringment of the various rules, then confine HTP's, FIA etc to be re-filed, inder B, for BIN.