View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3944306)   #192
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Give him time. I expect him to be at least competent
Given time - competent.

Is competent what F1 should be aiming for.

I understand the mechanics of funding, and why talent alone will not see the best drivers on the grid. But if a team ever described their driver as 'competent', I would feel cheated.

I've seen this in business a few times too though (unfortunately). Our organisation states the we strive for excellence in everything we do - and then reward contractors for achieving 'satisfactory'!