Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3858801)   #777
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Frankly, if they don't do any other race, I am not sure I even *want* to see them at Le Mans. IMO, if they just don't turn up anywhere, their place on the Le Mans entry list should go to a team that does deserve it.
It would be a farce to turn down a team that raced all year long in favour of Ginetta.

I'd rather see a Racing Engineering LMP2 car than Ginetta at Le Mans.
I can't disagree with that sentiment, but I would still prefer (personally/selfishly) to see Ginetta there. A HUGE amount of money has been invested in the programme, the entries are fully paid up, and actually, on the one occasion the car has raced, it did ok, despite the lack of testing and without optimum aero (or power). From memory, wasn't the #5 the only non-Rebellion privateer P1 to be classified (at Le Mans)?

I totally get the negativity towards the programme, but for me, I'm on the other side of the fence, I want to see what this car is capable of. My gut feeling is that it is fundamentally a better car than the BR1, and that had things turned out differently, it would now be Rebellion's main privateer adversary. Maybe we'll find that out, and maybe we won't...