View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3927082)   #19
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Could they not hit the road on a Q plate, under SVA rules?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I believe you can get an age related plate nowadays, instead of a Q.... ? (In certain circumstances..)
Q plates are issued when the age of the vehicle is not able to be determined. That would not be appropriate for these cars.

To get an age-related number, the car must be 'built from genuine period components from more than one vehicle, all over 25 years old and of the same specification as the original vehicle'
Again, not appropriate to these cars.

As these cars are built from new parts, then they must meet current build standards to comply with registration requirements. These cars would either fall under:
a - 'National Small Series Type Approval Certificate' scheme, which requires a car built in 2019 to conform to the 2019 UK build regulations.
b - 'Basic Individual Vehicle Approval' scheme, which consists of 'either a visual inspection or a simple test on the vehicle to ensure, as far as practicable, that it complies with the regulations.'