View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3392251)   #133
Serge
Rookie

Belgium
Serge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you both, it was as I thought it would be!

I am based in Belgium and I have heard the rumours that our FIA inspectors aren't always up to the same standard as they are in the UK. Although I am sure that it won't be completely true, I was going to ask here first.

We are trying to make contact with some people who raced these in period, but there weren't so many races with an international FIA license that they participated in. One of them is the 1969 sebring 12h, but I only found a couple of on track photographs so far.

Is there a way to find out if a certain race was run on a national or international FIA license in period?

There has been evidence found to run a Europa as a sportscar in period G2, with a renault crossflow engine and some big modifications, but they are simply no match for their period rivals. I think they can do OK in GT spec without too many modifications, but some are definitely needed (carbs and exhaust at the least!).

Being in Belgium doesn't leave much room for non-FIA races. I know Pieter Bakker has his Legendary Circuits series, and that might be nice. But the championship that I had my eye on was the FHR-langstreckencup in Germany, and they need the HTP's.

I will need to do some more research and hopefully find some period proof!

Thanks everyone,

Serge