View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3941802)   #85
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not really, they can always find a replacement for Vettel in that red car
No, they can't:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019 FORMULA ONE SPORTING REGULATIONS

Section 4 (Licenses), Article 4.2:
"With the exception of a reprimand or fine, when a penalty is applied under the International Sporting Code or Article 38.3 the stewards may impose penalty points on a driver’s Super Licence. If a driver accrues 12 penalty points his licence will be suspended for the following Event, following which 12 points will be removed from the licence."
And then also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019 INTERNATIONAL SPORTING CODE
Article 12.9.3 Suspension
12.9.3 Suspension shall also render null and void any previous Entry made for any Competition which may take place during the term of such Suspension and shall also entail the forfeiture of the fee payable for any such Entry.
...meaning that during the period of any suspension due to accumulation of penalty points, the team's entry for that driver & car pairing is rendered null and void - so the driver cannot simply be replaced.

I'm sure Ferrari would plead force majeure and ask, but I doubt they'd be permitted to run a replacement driver. There are articles about that too but I'll leave them as an exercise for anyone who can be bothered to look them up!