View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3237887)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
The difficulty is, what IS the next level?

Given that they are being provided a world feed of track action, there are only 22 regular drivers to Interview, 11 team principals and 1 face of Pirelli to speak with. It's difficult to be different from another Broadcaster who has the same access.

They have used their broadcast technology to have the various feeds available on your TV at the press of a button instead of having to have your laptop, desktop and TV arranged around one another to see the different feeds of information each of which was lagging behind the next.

Trying to do something different might take you back into the cooking dinner with Beverly Turner from the ITV days. <shudder>
Hi there.

More classic races instead of Steve Rider Meets.. again. There's only so many times you can hear Mansell bleat about how he used to drive his hopeless cars with a burnt bottom and a couple of 1.5kg Tesco Value packs of chips on his shoulders.

The onboard feed for me is not really up to much. I occasionally check it if it happens to be following a driver whose progress that race is interesting to watch, but the lack of choice renders it a mere novelty rather than a useful service. Being able to choose which car to watch - now that would be useful and fun (I'm aware this latter aspect is probably more FOM-led rather than Sky's choice).

I also find being able to get a Grand Prix repeat when I want doesn't come too easily. Sometimes they're replaying a previous Grand Prix rather than the most recent one. It's like the timing of being given the Malaysian round to watch now instead of Bahrain.