View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2020, 12:57 (Ref:3955867)   #19
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
could the quarantine affect cargo?

air cargo flights canceled, staff shortages, workers quarantined etc...on top of everything else, i imagine there is a supply chain nightmare going on.
I depend on the supply chain from China and put two orders in today, if we don't get the components ordered there will be lay offs happening. It is inevitable that the race will not go ahead, one contact in China has told me that the absolute earliest they are allowed to go back to work is the 11th of Feb and they are about a 1,000 kms away from the centre of the disease. He was of the opinion that date will be put back even further.

The compounding issue is that a huge proportion of the Chinese population migrate back to the country from the major cities for the Chinese New Year and it seems that the govt is trying to prevent those people travelling back to the Cities for work by simply closing down the industries.

Qantas yesterday put a two month embargo on any Chinese destination which has guaranteed that Australia will suffer a huge hit along for the tourist industry in particular along with returning students for the new year of University study. There are thousands of students stranded in China and not able to return.

If the race was to go ahead and one of the leading drivers was to get the virus I think the subsequent legal action by that team would be interesting seeing as they were forced to go to China by the promoters. It would be an intolerable position for Liberty to even think about holding it.