View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3966305)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sport is going to come back bigger then ever imo.

looking at this from a slightly different perspective...one thing being highlighted by the quarantine is our massive need for content and sports certainly provides a ton of content.

i think there will be money for it and even before this pandemic FOM was was lowering the cost to participate and moving towards providing teams with more money.

plus they paid 10billion(?) for the rights...one would think they will subsidize the teams and venues during the aftermath/recovery to ensure content creation and future revenue streams.

question for me is what 'gimmick' they will use to position themselves against a whole host of other sports/content creators who will be competing for that same market share?

going to an old engine is anathema imo.

forward thinking, sustainability, environmentally conscience will be the new yard stick (if it wasnt already before the virus).

if i was to bet, we will see the old cars for a year or two, but i would predict F1 going full electric and/or merging with Formula E within a couple of years.