Thread: Driver Alonso to Renault in 2021
View Single Post
Old 29 May 2020, 07:13 (Ref:3979071)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I made the point that Renault was at risk earlier in the thread. I'm firmly of the opinion that they are not the only manufacturer assessing its options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Renault are a long standing racing organisation similar in that respect to Porsche, but their current situation married to the economic impact of COVID19 may lead to a withdrawal on business grounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Renault cutting 15,000 jobs including almost 5,000 in France - this will be the end for the F1 team IMO. You cannot take 5bn bailout from the government and cut 5,000 jobs in France and continue to run an F1 team.
Quote:
There may not be any Renault to return to, the French finance minister has admitted Renault may "disappear" as a result of the corona crisis.

It was reported last week that the government, which owns a 15 percent stake in the French carmaker, will step in with a EUR 5 billion loan to rescue the embattled marque.

But minister Bruno Le Maire has told Europe 1 radio that the loan will not be granted until "we know what Renault's strategy is".

He admitted that Renault is in "serious financial difficulty", confirming: "Yes, Renault may disappear."

Renault has organised a press conference for Wednesday 27 May, and there are fears and rumours that a severe restructuring plan could involve the axing of the F1 program.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/minis...disappear.html
Quote:
News today that Nissan will close their factory and move production to Sunderland in the UK which will include some Renault models that share the same platforms.