Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2020, 16:42 (Ref:3982504)   #3859
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
a sensible addition of tokens to promote fairness, for Mclaren to change their engine, and for other teams to do improvements for 2021.

makes sense really. if they do run their cars this year in anger then surely they will learn things and want to make improvements. a couple of tokens would seem, as Brawn suggests, allow for that while keeping an eye on costs so good compromise.

also, apparently one team has a cooling issue with their car?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...brawn/4807652/
I read that. My first thoughts were:

1. Practicle solution for those that need to make adjustments in a "frozen" development cycle.
2. Teams will try to game this.

Basically it is a "get out of jail free" card. Problem is, will a team not have a "big" problem and will then use their joker early to try to develop the car. Then later they do have a real problem, don't have a joker and complain and ask for more! I can't seem to find any details on how the this limited token system works. Is there multiple tokens, etc.?

Richard