View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:32 (Ref:895542)   #8
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
NZ's betting agency have got Massa @ 45:1 and Fisi @ 35:1 for a top three finish... It got me wondering whether anybody else thinks this is a bet well well worthy of a lazy fiver.
Nah mate,its silly to bet on F1,simply because you've only got a 1/22 chance of your choice winning.A horse race your usually around 1/15(if theres 15 runners),a greyhound race your down to 1/8 as theres only 8 doggies in a race,but if you bet on say NZ vs South Africa cricket(the first test match)to pick the winner, your down to a 50% chance of getting it right,you either win or lose,theres only 2 choices,not 22 as in an F1 race.
Massa @ 45:1 is only there to take your money,they need some fools to take the longshots to offset the money they are laying on the favourite,the more money goes down on MS,then Massa will probably be at 100/1 at race start

Quote:
If anyone finds a real bookie offering me 6-1 for Michael and 10-1 for Raikkonen let me know!That bookie would be bankrupt very soon.
Only if MS or Kimi won,if they lose,that bookie will be very rich.