View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2020, 11:44 (Ref:4008221)   #5
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Oh no, I agree with your premise. I'm mocking the idea that a GT3/4 car is anything like the million dollar mustang and other shop built cars. The last few seasons weren't any good as cars became too much for teams to build up on their own. And Caddy killed it off joining and building insane cars no one else could compete with.
The PWC/GTWC America is a great example of a series that was doing awesome and then flushed it down the toilet. Too much tinkering of the format, having standing starts with cars that can't do that (one reason why Caddy dominated), the way they handled safety car periods. I'm sure there are others. Probably thought there was this huge market for racers who wanted to race with GT3 cars that did not come to fruition. Instead they opted for GT4 or LMP3 or nothing. IMSA too....as adopting sprint cup series has been a great move. Brought in Compass, Hardpoint, and Gradient